The conference will take place at the Department of Translation, Interpreting and Communication of the Faculty of Arts and Philosophy of Ghent University, which is located at Abdisstraat 1, 9000 Gent (Belgium, only a fifteen- minute-walk from Ghent’s main railway station, Gent-Sint-Pieters )(route description via Google maps). You can also take tram 2 or 4 at “perron 20”, on your lefthand side when you leave the station via the main entrance, and get off at the third stop, called: Gent Bijlokehof.
Travelling to Ghent by plane / train
Ghent is only 45 minutes away from Brussels National airport (Zaventem). On the lowest level of the airport building, you will find the airport’s railway station, Brussel-Nationaal-Luchthaven, accessible by elevator and escalator from the arrivals hall. There are several connections to Gent-Sint-Pieters (all trains to De Panne, Brugge or Oostende also stop in Gent-Sint-Pieters). You can purchase a train ticket in the airport building.
If you arrive at Charleroi (Brussels South) airport, it will take you 70 minutes to get to Gent-Sint-Pieters. First, you will have to take a bus to Charleroi-Sud railway station, or to the city center of Brussels. A ticket that combines the bus and train services can be purchased at the Airport Ticket Desk.
For timetables and itineraries see the Belgian Railways site.
It will only take you 15 minutes to walk to the conference venue (Abdisstraat 1).
See also: http://visitgent.be/en/how-get-ghent
Hotels within walking distance from the conference venue
- NH Hotel Gent-Sint-Pieters (at 550 m. from the railway station, 350 m to the conference venue; 20- minute walk to the city center)
- Europa Hotel (at 950 m. from the railway station Gent-Sint-Pieters, 700 m to the conference venue; 20- minute walk to the city center)
- Best Western Hotel Chamade (at 350 m. from the railway station Gent-Sint-Pieters, 1 km to the conference venue; 30- minute walk to the city center)
Hotels in the historical center of Ghent
- Ibis Opera (at 2 km from the railway station Gent-Sint-Pieters, 1 km to the conference venue; 700 m to the city center)
- Novotel Centrum (at 2,5 km from the railway station Gent-Sint-Pieters, 2 km to the conference venue; 5-minute walk to the city center)
- NH Hotel Belfort (at 2,5 km from the railway station Gent-Sint-Pieters, 2 km to the conference venue; 5-minute walk to the city center)